Sunday, April 24, 2016

Record Store Day 16-04-16 Vital Juices Redcliffe


World Record Store day was celebrated in style here in Brisbane's
Northern suburbs.Vital Juices is my local record store and its
fabulous that we have one here, there's not to many around anymore



It was Brisbane all the way with local legend Jeremy Neale,
from Velociraptor fame and his amazing solo work.
A big fav with my 3 boys so we were all on hand for a rare
all ages performance. He was also selling vinyl and cds
and doing signings, lovely fellow!
He played quiet a bit of  Velociraptor stuff and his solo stuff.




 After Jeremy, Ben Ely took to the corridor, Ben is better know for his
work with Brisbane super band Regurgitator, he has in recent times
embarked on a solo career and his brilliant new album is worth
getting hold of. I got a copy on the day and Ben signed it for me
so that was cool.
He played a heap of his solo material and a few eclectic covers
from Jonathan Richman to Black Sabbath to Elvis Costello
Brilliant time!
I missed the last performance of the day which was West Ends fabulous
Floyd Family Breakdown but I'm sure that was great too 





0 comments: