Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Geelong Rhythm Collective Demo

Colin, from way down south, has bought us another
rare and wonderful gem. So let me pass you over.
Thanks Colin.

I'm afraid I can't tell you a hell of a lot about this group.
This tape, released in 1985, is the only release I know of
by them. The band featured Dave Steel, but that's all I can
tell you. It doesn't help that the players are identified only
by initials or first name. I thought Jeff Raglus might have
been involved in this, but it doesn't appear so.

It's a curious collection of music, with touches of reggae,
jazz and calypso. A couple of the song titles reference places
around Geelong, such as Corio Bay and the Bellarine Penninsula.

And that's all I can tell you ...

Colin.

Download Part 1 Here

Download Part 2 Here

0 comments: