Sunday, July 18, 2010

Graham Connors - Pioneer Village Petrie

Another Sunday afternoon concert, this time Graeme Connors
who hails from North Queensland.
His songs often refer to North Queensland and his themes
are very Australian, often funny and very clever his songs
reminded me of Redgum often, through with a very Queensland
take on things that reminded me of Grant Mclennans North
Queensland imagery.
Dubbed a country and coastal artist, Graeme's songs move effortlessly
across genres ranging from folk, pop and contemporary to country.
The Band was great and Graeme's one of those songwriters that
loves to tell the stories behind the songs, something that I appreciate.
He was at the last Woodford Folk Festival, not on the day I was
there, but I would have liked to have seen that.
You can check out his stuff at his website Here





Beach House in the Blue Mountains - Graeme Connors (live)

3 comments:

Zer0_II said...

Greetings. I was hoping you might be able to recommend me a few blogs that focus on music from Australia. If so, would you mind dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. Thank you and take care.

Zer0_II

matt said...

gday bob, just a quick hello to say im still enjoying your blog, and have recomended it to many people, im still writing and hope to be up in brisbane very soon. regards matt williamson.

bob nebe said...

Hi Matt, hope you shall be playing up here and I get to catch up