Friday, October 3, 2008

Laughing Clowns to play ATP festival January 2009


In the biggest news to come to my attention since the
pig city concert in 2006 or the Apartments reforming
last year, the UK concept concert extravaganza,
All Tomorrows Parties, comes to Australia.
New York too, but that's not as exciting, for me anyway.
First the big news is I finally have a chance to see
the Clowns live after all these years.
I like to think Ed's been reading all the comments
I've made on this blog about the sorry state of
affairs, that I never got to see them live.
Below is from their Myspace site.

Laughing Clowns have been invited to play the
inaugural
ATP Australia festival in January next year.
This will be the first show anywhere by the Clowns
since 1984.
Featuring original members Ed Kuepper
vocals and guitar,
Jeffrey Wegener drums,
Louise Elliott saxophone
and Leslie Millar upright bass.
See you there.


Now if that isn't enough we have an incredible lineup
Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds have been named as the
festival’s curators.As curators, the band not only headline
the festival but personally select the line-up.

Joining Cave and his merry men at the January festival
are fellow Aussie acts, The Saints, The Laughing Clowns,
Robert Forster, Primitive Calculators, Rowland S Howard,
The Stabs, Bridezilla, and The Necks.

On the international front, Spiritualized (UK),
James Blood Ulmber (US), Harmonia (Germany),
#uck Buttons (UK), Silver Apples (UK), Afrirampo (Japan),
and M Gira (US) have been named in the festival line-up.

All Tomorrow’s Parties in Australia will be held in three
locations over a number of dates. See below for details.

January 9 and 10, Mt Buller Ski Resort, Victoria
January 12 and 16, The Powerhouse, Brisbane
January 17 and 18, Cockatoo Island, Sydney
Nick Cave solo show (Tickets on sale Friday October 3)
Tuesday January 6, The Palace, Melbourne [18+]

Its enough to send you all giddy.
Apparently there's more acts too come,
I'm crossing me fingers for the Apartments.

3 comments:

mialee said...

Bloody Hell I've just spilt my drink...
What a line up and what the hell Harmonia. Who would have thought I'd ever get to see Michael Rother, Hans-Joachim Roedelius and Dieter Moebius in this country.
Unbelievable - what else can I say, pass me another drink.

bob nebe said...

I'm wondering if I can get some sort of season pass.
ciao bob

captainfez said...

Mt Buller accommodation bookings are open now via the website; you book accom and then you'll be given a code which will let you buy as many tickets as people you booked places for in hostels/whatever.

If you don't want to stay on the mountain, you'll have to wait until November 5 to buy tickets.

I'm going to Mt Buller 'cos ATP festivals are about the vibe. Just came back from the NY one, and it was AWESOME; very laidback, not at all like the crappit that the BDO has become.