Steve has given the readers of SSS blog a mystery to solve
and we all like a good mystery.
I personally have no idea, but its got some great stuff
on it, so I will be interested to know more myself.
I shall hand you over to Steve and the few clues he can
I was wondering if you or any of your readers can help me
identify a mystery cassette I've had lying around for over
25 years. It's something I bought from a bargain bin in an
independent record store (probably in Brisbane) in around
1983-84. The tape is black and has no distinguishing features
except a $3.50 price tag. It may have originally come with a
magazine, but I just got the cassette.
The bands I recognise on the tape (Frontier Scouts, Pork &
Four Gods) are from Brisbane, so I guess it may be a Brisbane
only comp. I've never seen this tape listed anywhere
(and I have looked). Anyway, if anyone knows what it might
be or feels like a bit of a challenge, or is just plain curious,
here's a link:
Well in no time at all, Donat Brisbane's resident music
historian has solved the mystery.
This cassette is issue 004 of the PUBLIC EYE tape zine,
which came out of S.A. This dates from late 1983.
Comes with a 24 page A5 booklet.
01. Mystery Virus - Squashing Ants
02. Interview with Andrew Wilson
from the Frontier Scouts by David Nichols
03. Frontier Scouts - Like In Salem
04. Spleen - Runaway
05. Fetus Memory - Humans Are Not Needed
06. Powerage - World War III
07. Mystery Virus - Work
08. The Market Gard ners - My Mind is Being Drained
09. Toy Division - Sound Maze Interview
10. Toy Division - Beurit
11. Frontier Scouts - Enchanted House
12. Pork - Pork tork to themselves
13. Pork - Sectioning of the Pancreas
14. Spleen - Nutty Spacemen
15. The Market Gard ners - Accessory 2 the Fact
Mystery solved! All spelling as written in booklet.